Friday, February 4, 2011

Sad Sad Day

 


 Krista was a friend of mine, whose son was in Texas Childrens Hospital, she was a single mom. Staying up here day and night. Nursing him to health the best she could. Teaching me the ropes while Lillian was in Nicu...
We spent our weekends together growing into mommies.
Talking about our experience as YOUNG SINGLE MOTHER OF CHILDREN like ours...
We had plans for Chance and Lillian to grow up together... We took them trick or treating together, shopping together... pumpkin patch together...
played at home together... They were our family...
I have a voicemail on my phone from Krista, reassuring me of the stregnth I have, she left this voicemail in November, while we were stuck in TCH. A few weeks after that, I finally got to see her... one. last. time.




We met up at St. Arnolds brewery- she texted me, sorry we are running late! I told chris to drive like speedy ganzalas! Cant wait to see you!
We drank, and laughed, played with Chance... Krista was not feeling well.
We went to eat, we all shared a big salad and some deviled eggs. Couple beers. Then we went our seperate ways. I needed to get home to Lilli, Krista and Chance went to Suzies...
I lay in the bath that night... and text Krista, "hey are you bored? come over here! we are cooking"
she said, sure, how will I get there... in the end, I had my boyfriend go get her and bring her and Chance over. ONE. Last. Time.
Krista changed outfits in the pantry in the kitchen because both bathrooms had been occupied and were STINKY! lol She looked beautiful in everything she wore, but I told her to wear the same outfit that she wore on her birthday, I thought it looked best. She went out in it... her dad picked up chance for the night...
And Krista and her date had the time of their lives at Big Texas..
She went home to her son, told her paretns thank you, that she loved them, and that this guy was great to her.
She took her son upstairs, and ultimately fell asleep at her computer that night... Im hoping it was while she was on facebook :0) writing to one of her friends about her awesome night...

No comments: